The Unofficial Action Man HQ Forum  

Go Back   The Unofficial Action Man HQ Forum > Unofficial Action Man HQ > Geyper Man (Spain)
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Action Man MSO

jcast is on a distinguished road
Default Geyper Man Anniversary Figures!?!

Someone posted this link on 1/6 Warriors:

Reissues?

There's also a Facebook group:

Group

It looks like their intention is too make retro-styled figures on the order of the AM 40th!

Last edited by wiscan : 10-06-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 21-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Forum legend

Joe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond repute

It'll just drive down the prices of vintage !

Pass the Grey Poupon...
Old 21-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Forum legend

signalman is on a distinguished road

Sorry to disappoint you, but the 30th Anniversary was in 2005, and there were only two figures, a Mountie and a Coldstream Guard. The uniforms were a bit shoddy, to be honest (the Mountie was the better of the two).

The Guardsman had a beard too, and was armed with an M16 carbine!

I used to be a Lean, Green, Fighting Machine. Now, I`m just green...
Old 21-07-2011, 06:51 AM
koenig

It's absolutely true. A collector bought a few months ago all the original stuff, molds and tooling from Geyper and he's making an anniversary limited edition using them. It's more than a reissue because he's using original tooling. Even the flocking machine is the very same Geyper used in the old days!

I'll post later pics of a head made with these molds and flocked with the original flocking machine wich I received a few weeks ago
Old 21-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Forum legend

Krakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond reputeKrakajac has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news. Never collected any GM stuff before - but I'm keen to see what they produce - maybe some new uniforms.

If they are successful, maybe the owners of the Action Joe and Action Team brands might join the party!

Who knows - maybe Tsukuda will enter the fray!
Old 21-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Stubs

I will keep an eye on this with much interest. I loved the desert tent GM used to do and would love to have one.
Old 21-07-2011, 01:26 PM
koenig

Ask for specific items and make suggestions here, the named collector is a member of this forum... he even gave some clues about it recently... remember someone asking opinions about certain unpainted head
Old 21-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Action Man VC

mazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud of
Talking

Maybe this one?

Old 21-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Action Man VC

mazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud ofmazinfriki has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcast
Someone posted this link on 1/6 Warriors:

BTW can you please post the link to the OSW message? I'm curious
Old 21-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Action Man MSO

jcast is on a distinguished road

Old 21-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Forum legend

Joe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe 90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig
Ask for specific items and make suggestions here, the named collector is a member of this forum... he even gave some clues about it recently... remember someone asking opinions about certain unpainted head

I think the following would be popular:

The Tan MP with White Sam Browne
The "Davy Crockett" figure
The Cowboy
The Tipi or Canoe
Late Edition Australian Soldier
The Frogman with a stable rubber suit
Karate
The Landrover
Any of the Motorcycles
Old 21-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Action Man Full Honours

Dark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of light

This is very exciting. I'm very fond of . I'm looking forward to see what happens.

Last edited by Dark Light : 21-07-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 21-07-2011, 06:44 PM
action_mat

This is good news. If the quality is good, I'd certainly be interested in acquiring some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 90
It'll just drive down the prices of vintage !

Pass the Grey Poupon...

Old 21-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Action Man Full Honours

Location: In the dark near the Tanhauser gate off the shoulder of Orion
ak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond repute

from a selfish point of view because I didn`t get any of the 40th ones I`d like to see the British infantry and stormtrooper.
I like the look of the Davy Crocket and the tank commander (blue jumpsuit)also the african explorer is cool,ditto the motorbikes what about the 3 hatcher scorpion ?
Old 21-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Action Man VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 90
The Frogman with a stable rubber suit

I would love too, but I'm not sure what kind of industry can make it. Maybe a condom factory? I'll have to dig into

You'll see most of the uniforms you mention if sales goes well, but land rover??? It would be too expensive to make and I'm not sure people would want more landys.

Motorcycles seems to me a better option: smaller, several different models and color schemas and more sought after. We'll see...
Old 21-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Action Man VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak615
what about the 3 hatcher scorpion ?

Oh god, you should see the size of the mold for the main body part!!!!
Old 21-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Action Man Full Honours

Location: In the dark near the Tanhauser gate off the shoulder of Orion
ak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond reputeak615 has a reputation beyond repute

The desert motorbike would shift I`m sure,if not the whole bike what about certain parts ie Handlebars grips and exhaust pipes or just a turret plenty of wrecked vehilcles out there waiting to be done up(however is their a market for it?).The wal-mart gi-joe frogman had a decent rubber suit.
Old 21-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Forum legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by action_mat

Yup, that's how I feel when the whining about "40 Tat" starts.
Old 21-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Forum legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Big Trousers
You should talk to SIERRA1 and his newfound friend about making some previously unreleased items.

Venture Capital...
Old 22-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Forum legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinfriki
I would love too, but I'm not sure what kind of industry can make it. Maybe a condom factory? I'll have to dig into

This Person in Brazil makes them. Apparently they do not perish as easily as other reproductions.

Quote:
You'll see most of the uniforms you mention if sales goes well, but land rover??? It would be too expensive to make and I'm not sure people would want more landys.

Too bad because this one is beautiful...

Old 22-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Forum legend

Chopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a TOLTOYS reissue, guys? I'd buy that. Do an Aussie Jungle fighter in TOLTOYS box for a lark.
Old 22-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Forum legend

signalman is on a distinguished road

These are the 30th Anniversary figures (2005/6)

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/signalman_2006/Modern%20/GMRCMP2.jpg[/IMG]

I used to be a Lean, Green, Fighting Machine. Now, I`m just green...
Old 22-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Action Man Full Honours

Dark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of lightDark Light is a glorious beacon of light

These are my two Geypermen, with their off the card uniforms.

Last edited by Dark Light : 22-07-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 22-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Beatlefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Light

Love these figures DL, very nice. had some great Adventurer outfits/sets, I would love to see these reproduced.
The Aussie is also a very nice outfit that would sell very well.
Old 22-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Forum legend

Chopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond reputeChopper has a reputation beyond repute

Where the accessories for the GM Aussie the same as the one, Beatlefan? Snakes aside.
Old 23-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Action Man Full Honours

D-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta get me that Red Jumper. Love that set for some reason.
Old 23-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Action Man VC

I think it should not be called "anniversary" as this would be "37th"... It's just a nostalgic reprint powered by a collector.

We'll use mostly vintage mint ex-stock uniforms so you'll most probably see some sets like late issue australian jungle fighter, tank commander, british soldier or mountain and arctic that were not seen on 40th action man line. And if these sell well, why not, maybe DAK officer and some other sets not seen at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Day Dawson
I gotta get me that Red Jumper. Love that set for some reason.

Then I think you just have to wait a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
Where the accessories for the GM Aussie the same as the one, Beatlefan? Snakes aside.

No, the flame thrower is completely different.
Old 23-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Action Man VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Light

Those adventurer's trousers are from brit infantry set, not the two-pocket right ones. Anyway he looks nice
Old 23-07-2011, 03:29 AM
Action Man Full Honours

D-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond reputeD-Day Dawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Then I think you just have to wait a bit .

You have me really excited now. Thas one boxed figure I have always wanted.
Old 23-07-2011, 08:08 AM
koenig

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Day Dawson
You have me really excited now. Thas one boxed figure I have always wanted.

I told ya...